Fractional ablative laser rejuvenation is an excellent alternative to surgical methods. The procedure is ten times safer than surgery with shorter rehabilitation periods.
What is fractional laser rejuvenation
Before taking advantage of the fruits of cosmetological innovations, you must find out what the method is, which evaluations of fractional laser rejuvenation are left by customers and specialists, know the photos and videos of the results of the procedures.
Fractional laser facial skin rejuvenation is a relatively new but effective procedure in the field of cosmetology. It is sometimes called fraxel or photothermolysis.
Rejuvenation is achieved through a special laser. The device's working principle is based on the selective destructive effect of a beam of light concentrated on skin cells.
The method excludes the use of aggressive toxic constituents, as in peeling, and the effectiveness is greater than after a course of peeling or other procedures. Naturally, the combination of procedures provides a brighter and longer lasting effect.
After the procedure, cells that remain intact are activated and begin to divide to restore areas destroyed by the laser. It increases the production capacity of collagen and elastin, responsible for the skin's elasticity. The appearance changes for the better. Wrinkles are smoothed out, age spots or scars gradually disappear, and the skin becomes firm.
Despite its high efficiency, the method has some contraindications. You should not resort to procedures to:
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Violation of the integrity of the skin in the projection of the work;
- Blood disorders associated with clotting;
- Increased body temperature;
- Retinol intake;
- Exacerbation of psoriasis;
- Skin infections;
- Malignant formations;
- Blood diseases;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Exacerbation of chronic pathologies.
Types of fractional rejuvenation
Depending on the depth and principle of exposure to laser beams, ablative and non-ablative methods are differentiated. Sometimes a combined method is used that combines the effects of both types. The program and course of laser procedures are designed by a cosmetologist for consultation.
Ablative laser rejuvenation
Ablative involves visible trauma to the selected surface of the skin, as in acid or chemical peels. A concentrated stream of light heats an area of skin, the temperature instantly reaching a value of several hundred degrees. As a result, the thinnest layer of the epidermis evaporates so quickly that heat doesn't have time to penetrate the deeper layers. At the cellular level, restoration processes are started, the skin is stretched, the relief is leveled and the quality of the skin improves.
Scars or scars are also corrected with laser. For this, nozzles are used, with the help of which they act not on the entire surface, but only on the problematic area.
Effect of the procedure:
- Fine wrinkles disappear, deep folds are smoothed out;
- Manifestations of pigmentation on the face, as well as in the neck or neck region are leveled;
- Loose skin becomes smoother;
- In the case of gravity I and II gravity ptosis, a lifting effect is achieved;
- Scars and scars become less visible;
- Skin elasticity is restored.
The method is used when there is evidence of photo and chrono aging. The procedure is prescribed for women between 30 and 60 years old.
Non-Ablative Laser Rejuvenation
With non-ablative rejuvenation, the skin surface is not damaged. Under the influence of the laser, the tissues are slightly heated, up to 45-75 °C. The light rays, without destroying the upper layers, immediately penetrate into the depths of the integument. As a result, cell regeneration begins, blood supply and cell metabolism are activated.
Indications for naming procedures:
- Photo and chronoaging;
- Wrinkles or minor age-related changes;
- Loss of elasticity;
Fractional CO2 laser rejuvenation is a method aimed at controlled vaporization of the upper layers of the skin by means of a laser. The laser beam affects the skin not massively but punctually.
This method of rejuvenation takes a long period of rehabilitation, but the glowing effect after recovery will make up for the inconvenience. The method handles post-acne scars well. Suitable for all skin types and all age groups.
Benefits of fractional laser rejuvenation
Pros of the fractional method:
- Vivid effect after;
- Minimal risk of complications, as long as all recommendations after the procedure are followed;
- The laser rejuvenation effect lasts from 6 months to 2 years;
- The laser is used to treat not only the face, but also the décolleté, neck, arms, buttocks, abdomen and thighs.
Positive changes are not noticeable immediately after the session, but after complete recovery. In the future, the effect only intensifies.
With fractional rejuvenation, side effects can occur. Disadvantages include redness, peeling skin and itching after sessions. These manifestations completely disappear within a few days.
An unsuccessfully chosen clinic or the actions of an unqualified specialist lead to more deplorable results:
- The laser-treated area starts to ache and swell;
- Age spots or blisters appear;
- An eruption appeared;
- Damage does not disappear for more than 2 weeks.
With these symptoms, see a doctor.
What devices are used
For fractional rejuvenation, the following types of lasers are used:
- Carbonic acid (CO2). Radiation evaporates layers of the skin, layer by layer. Inflammation after the procedure activates the recovery and synthesis of collagen and elastin. After treatment, wrinkles, scars are smoothed out, skin tone increases, pigment spots become lighter. With the help of a laser, warts or papillomas are removed, the device is also used for skin resurfacing;
- Erbium. Erbium laser is more superficial than CO2. It evaporates moisture at a shallow depth. Therefore, the device is used to eliminate superficial wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin in the periorbital region;
- Laser Fraxel. Warms the skin from the inside without damaging the surface. As a result, significant skin rejuvenation is achieved without a rehabilitation period;
- Neodymium Nd: YAG. It generates a boost that heats all layers of the skin, triggering the production of collagen and elastin. Using the method eliminates wrinkles, the effects of acne and lightens age spots.
Lasers for facial rejuvenation are produced by domestic and foreign manufacturers.
How to prepare for the procedure
Preparation usually takes 2 weeks. During this period, the use of decorative cosmetics and alcohol-based skin care products for chemical peelings is not recommended. Also exclude the visit to the beach or solarium, and the last three days of preparation - swimming pools, saunas or baths.
Antibiotics are also banned. If there is a need to take these medications, the procedure is postponed. Cosmetologists often prescribe a course of antiviral and antibacterial drugs if you have herpes.
On the eve of the procedure, they completely refuse alcohol, smoking and exercise.
Before starting the session, the skin is cleansed of impurities. An anesthetic is applied to the prepared area. And only then do the skin laser treatment begin. Typically, a session lasts 20-30 minutes, in especially difficult cases - up to 1 hour.
How often are fractional rejuvenation sessions needed?
To keep aging skin, beauticians advise performing a complete cycle of procedures. On average it will take 4 to 7 sessions. The frequency depends on the method chosen and the area of the treated area, the characteristics of a particular person.
The first positive effect is seen on the 30th day. The skin becomes smooth, the complexion improves, superficial wrinkles disappear. The full course delivers brighter, longer-lasting results
Recommendations for the rehabilitation period
To avoid complications and restore your skin more quickly, follow a series of simple rules during the rehabilitation period:
- Use anti-inflammatory drugs. For the first few days, apply the gel, cream or ointment every hour.
- Take antibiotics within a week if prescribed by a doctor;
- During the first 14 days, when leaving the house, apply sunscreen on your skin;
- Try to sleep on your back when you sleep.
- Remove scabs from laser-treated areas of skin on your own;
- Comb the damaged areas;
- Wear abrasives and cleansing masks for 4 weeks;
- Use decorative cosmetics for a week.
The duration of the rehabilitation period, subject to recommendations, is about 1 month.
How long is the result saved
Fractional non-ablative laser skin rejuvenation is characterized by low trauma. The use of innovative technologies ensures rapid skin regeneration.
As the method initiates natural regeneration processes, the result is preserved for a long time. When the methods are combined, the positive effect reaches 1, 5 years. Therefore, frequent sessions are not necessary to maintain the tone.
Cost of fractional laser facial rejuvenation
The price of fractional laser facial skin rejuvenation depends on the region of the country, the popularity of the clinic, and the qualifications of the cosmetologist. What matters is the type of equipment, the surface area treated, the type of skin and the medications used.
Fractional laser facial rejuvenation reviews are mostly positive:
I took a course on non-ablative laser rejuvenation procedure. The skin is slightly red and flaky for the first few days. The beautician explained that these are natural consequences. No antibiotics were needed, but of course she took care of her face first. More than a year has passed, I look ten years younger, the magical effect doesn't go away. I am very satisfied, I will repeat the sessions.
I work as a photographic model in a big city. In our profession, beauty is half the battle, so I decided to remove small mimic wrinkles around the eyes and lower part of the face. The unfamiliar words ablation, laser intervention on the body scared me, but it all turned out not to be scary and more importantly effective. The skin is now elastic, the wrinkles have practically disappeared. Thanks to the beauticians!
To restore the skin's elasticity, I wanted to do a series of injections. A friend warned that the introduction of injectable drugs requires a highly qualified physician, with the strictest observance of sterility. As a result, I chose laser correction. Modern technology can really work wonders, I look so much younger now.